- Nambe Grande Butterfly bowl; 16-inch length
- Crafted of sand-cast metal alloy and hand-polished to a bright gleam
- Spectacular size, the largest of all the Butterfly bowls
- Iconic Nambe design by sculptor Richard K. Thomas
- Oven-safe; wash by hand; USA-made; gift-boxed
Details: Among Nambe's earliest and most beloved designs, the Butterfly bowl was unveiled shortly after the birth of the company in the early 1950s, the creation of New Mexico sculptor Richard K. Thomas. This gloriously curved vessel is simple and joyful, its elongated sides gracefully reaching upward like wings aloft. In contrast to its namesake, however, this Butterfly is solid, weighty, and unexpectedly practical. The Nambe metal from which it is made is excellent at retaining temperatures at either extreme and is perfectly suitable for use with food. It adds elegance to pasta served family-style and is your secret to consistently crisp salads. Or simply use it to display what you want close at hand; the lustrous interior reflects the colors and shapes of its contents, accentuating the beauty of whatever lies within.