- Made in France
- Heavy weight, tight-fitting lid retains moisture, spikes on the lid create a rain-forest effect evenly returning juices back onto food
- Oven safe up to 900F/482C without lid, Lids are oven safe up to 500F/260C
- Nickel steel knob
- Smooth enamel bottom works on all stovetops, including gas, electric, glass, ceramic, induction, and halogen
- Unique, interior matte texture results in exceptional browning
- Dishwasher safe, hand wash recommended
- Tight fitting flat lid features self-basting spikes for continuous, even distribution of juices throughout cooking, so food is moist and flavorful.
- Interior black matte enamel finish produces a natural non stick surface that is more resistant to scratches and chips. It won't discolor or rust and never needs seasoning.
- Brass or Nickel plated knobs that are heat resistant up to 500ºF
- Smooth bottom is suitable for use on any cooking surface, including induction.
- Made in France and developed in conjunction with France's most celebrated, world renowned chef Paul Bocuse
Details: The Staub cocotte is unsurpassed for slow-cooking meats and vegetables to tender perfection, and for simmering hearty stews and soups. Cast iron possesses exceptional heat-retaining qualities, so the pot heats evenly throughout. The innovative lid features tiny spikes on the interior that continually release condensed liquid back onto the food, yielding moist, flavorful results. Staub's special matte black enamel interior and self-basting spiked lid guarantee perfect browning and braising for flavor-enhanced food. With their exquisite enamel finish, each piece transitions beautifully from the kitchen to the table. From comfort food to sumptuous suppers, every dish is special when served in Staub. Staub enameled cast iron cookware is the choice of the world's best chefs. With exceptional durability, it is perfect for day-to-day use in both gourmet home kitchens and prestigious restaurants around the world. Built to last a lifetime, these heirloom pieces can be passed from generation to generation.An inspired fusion of old and new, function and style, Staub's La Cocotte French ovens are destined to be lifelong members of any kitchen. Fill this handy 7-quart oval cocotte with lemon-rosemary chicken, a medley of garden vegetables, or hearty cioppino to turn out delicious, easy meals. Crafted of enameled cast iron for uniform warming and superior heat retention, the heavyweight cocotte performs best at low to medium temperatures over longer time periods so flavors intensify and foods stay scrumptiously moist. The interior features a black matte finish that is almost indestructible and doesn't need seasoning; rather, the oils produced in cooking seep into the surface pores to create an organic nonstick coating. The rougher matte also browns, braises, and reduces better than a shiny polished glaze. In a clever use of modern technology, the cocotte's tight-fitting lid is studded with computer-designed spikes that catch and release steam to self-baste the entire surface of the meal.
As handsome as it is hardworking, this vessel is fitted with a solid stainless-steel or brass finial that is generously sized for easy lifting and oven-safe to 600 degrees F. The exterior enamel also comes in a variety of fashionable colors that coordinate with other Staub cookware and offer an always-fresh serving appeal-go with a clean monochromatic look or mix up rich tones for a layered presentation. Cast in a single-use sand mold, each piece has its own subtle variations to make it truly unique, and the Staub name is molded into the lid and side handles for a fun rustic touch. The double-coated enamel resists chips and rust, and the smooth bottom is suitable for any cooking or dining surface. The cocotte goes safely into the dishwasher, though hand washing is recommended for heavy use, and it's backed by a lifetime limited warranty.--Kara Karll
From the Manufacturer
Why Cast Iron?
- Retains and redistributes heat for long periods of time
- Perfect for slow-cooking meals
- Perfect for beginners and professional cooks
Why Staub Enameled Cast Iron?
Because of its outstanding performance Staub is used and praised by the most celebrated chefs around the world.
- Self-basting spikes underneath the lid ensure continuous, natural basting
- The more you use your Staub product, the better it gets! Oils used when cooking will penetrate the pores of the matte enamel and create a natural, smooth, nonstick surface
- Special, smooth ceramic bottom is usable on all heat sources
- Lids feature stylish solid brass and stainless steel knobs
- Staub enameled cast iron products are highly durable, do not discolor or rust, resist chipping, do not require seasoning, and are ready to use immediately